Parenting is definitely not for the weak. It’s messy and exhausting and will test your patience like nothing else. It’s the hardest job you’ll ever have and at times you’ll find yourself questioning every decision you’ll make. I think we all have the “I’m so not good at this parenting thing” moment hopefully we all have the “I’m nailing this parenting thing” moments too. Some days are amazing and others are so so, then there are the days where you are just certain you have failed. If you’re anything like me you take comfort in knowing there are other parents out there going through and feeling they same way as you. So here are 10 of my favorite totally relatable quotes on parenting.
1. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” ― Tina Fey
2. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” ― James Baldwin
3. “If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.” ― Bette Davis
4. “Let’s be honest, kids take the number one position and it’s haaaaard to make the time for yourself.” — Kate Hudson
5. “Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” — Ray Romano
6. “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” — Nia Vardalos
7. “I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I was showing iPhone snaps to a cab driver.” — Jimmy Fallon
8. “A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it.” — Jerry Seinfeld
9. “90% of parenting is just thinking about when you can lie down again” — Anonymous
10. “It’s like no one in my family appreciates that I stayed up all night overthinking for them.” — Anonymous
I think we can all relate to these I know for me #6 is my life right now. All be damned if I don’t walk around with a cookie in my purse for days before I realize it’s been smashed into every crease at the bottom. What quote do you relate to the most? Leave a comment and let me know.